10.05.2016

I'm useful!

Part of the big picture of moving to Minnesota is to give JonJo a break. They have been raising the lovely girls all by themselves for these years, and while that was 100% their choice, everyone needs a breather sometimes. More than once a year for a week. Just a third adult for a pickup or two. I thought it would take a minute or two to show my usefulness. Nope! S decided to get sick yesterday. Enter, Super Auntie to the rescue! A decent excuse to spend the day in my pjs? Yes please!

Sophie had a different opinion. Jo told her last night. 
Jo - "Auntie is going to stay home with you tomorrow." 
S - "Mom stay home?"
Jo - "Mom is going to work."
S - "Dad stay home?"
Jo - "Dad is going to work."
S - "Kylie stay home?"
Jo - "Kylie is going to school." 

Uh hu. I will win you over, kid. I got up at 7:15 in the morning for you! Which may or may not have helped my cause. 

We spent the day doing fun things (according to her): 

Playdough. First flat. Then in balls. Not pictured here, also in snakes. 



Hanging out outside in footie jams and crocs.


Biking. Hers is pink and has Barbie on it. She also told me about the red one. I'm learning quickly how to understand her, though her three year old "accent" is...creative. 


In case anyone was doubting how classy we are, here she is waiting for the garbage truck, in the garage. Crocs, jams, thousand year old phone, and all. 


The truck came! She watched him all the way down the alley. Very impressed. 


The ever popular, "Where did Sophie go?" Answer: To the moon? Yes! 


A moment for the mutt. Can't get a decent picture of her, ever. 


Finally, a talent that impressed me so much, tracing her hand! Sophie is amazing! 


And now, she sleeps. A nice, long, restoring nap. 






No comments: