10.03.2016

Everybody Loves Jonathan

Let me be clear. I love by brother. Often times in that ridiculous, little sister, adoring, he can do no wrong (until he does and I want to choke him) sort of way. But not even I could have ever predicted living across the street from him.


Eeeeeeeeverybody loves Jonathan. That's right folks. My life is a sitcom. And I'm not even the main character! You know why? That's right. Because Everyone Loves Jonathan

I packed up my car and headed out on Friday morning-ish. My car was so full, I had to carry one box in my lap until I made it to UPS to send it ahead of me.


Day one I got to Spokane and visited with my friend Donna. Nice relaxing start to the day. Beautiful drive. Good food. Nice airbnb location.


Day two was a mostly beautiful drive. Not much for pictures because, you know, driving. Speed limit 80 with cops who don't care. Mountains and hills and scenery. Both day two and day three I would wake up, have breakfast, head out for a couple of hours, then stop for second breakfast (what's up hobbits!), drive for a couple hours, stop for lunch, a couple more hours, afternoon snack, then I would go as long as I could and have dinner where I stopped. I stopped in Miles City, MT, where the front desk woman had some very strong opinions and recommendations about ranch dressing. Her school had homemade ranch and some of these places around here DARE to serve crap from a bottle what is wrong with this world???


Really beautiful. I could see both ends of what was eventually a double rainbow. Go Montana!

Day three was a bit less scenic and amazing. Still a whole lot of 80. The actual hiccup came when I hit Minnesota. I started taking more back roads, getting stuck behind people, towns too small to have food open for me, and lakes. Did you you all know how many lakes we have?? A fricken bajillion, that's how many. Every two minutes, here's a new lake, here's lake access. Anyway. I was all good until the last 90 minutes. Then I wanted to BE THERE.

Along the way I listened to a few podcasts, and mostly Harry Potter. Made it halfway through book three. I get it! I like them. Not all the hype money can buy, but not bad. Just about the right amount of brainpower used to listen.

When I final made it to Duluth (9:30 pm-ish on Sunday) I had a nice chat with JonJo, then headed home to the two best surprises ever: 1. A welcome note on my front door from Kylie, Sophie, and the fam. 2. PICKLES IN THE FRIDGE!! Are you even kidding me?? Yes.

In the end, my recommendation for anyone moving cross country, is to have an away team get there before you to get the house ready, some pickles in the fridge, and have a house to crash at until you set up internet.

More to come!








2 comments:

Aunt Jeri said...

welcome home! Across the street??? Good luck getting K to leave you alone!?!?

MernieAnne said...

I'm glad you made it there safely and that there were pickles in your fridge. Miss you already.