7.26.2016

Day 2 - The Mountain is Out

"The mountain is out today." Translation - we can see Mt. Rainier; the weather is sunny.

When we asked what Kylie wanted to do, number one was to go see the mountain. I was so proud. That is a great thing to want. I recently found out I have Fancy Asthma (it has a long name, I forgot it a second after I heard it) so my physical activity is limited for now. I did a couple of small hikes, but let Jonathan and Kylie explore the straight up hike themselves.

Kylie insisted we have the same hair everyday. Usually involving french braid(s). Can anyone catch the family resemblance?


For those of you wondering how long it takes for a group of Thompsons to start throwing rocks, the time never exceeds .5 seconds. 






Walking over the rushing water, not my favorite. Kylie ran back and forth and jumped and threw huge rocks from the "bridge."


She's never met a tree, a rock, or anything else she didn't want to climb.


Happy 100 years to the National Park Service!


This was the long hike. They walked all the way up past where you can see on this picture, and then Kylie RAN the mile back to the visitor center.



And then, the long drive home. It was a great day. 


No comments: