7.27.2016

Day 3 - Ginger almost cries

Today was the day of Wild Waves - Amusement and Water Park. A little preview of things to come; I hate roller coasters. Hate. I don't like heights, I don't like the "thrill" of being scared. No thank you! I do love anything that has to do with water. Jonathan, on the other hand, loves roller coasters. I was happily prepared to watch and take pictures for the amusement park part of the day.

No.

No thank you. 


Thought about it, but again, no.


So much no, I can't even tell you. 



Not even a gun to my head would get me on this. Thankfully, Kylie thought it was a bit much for her this time around, so we let Jonathan go alone and cheered from the sidelines. 


Wait, we found one! The best ride of them all...



Then we did the waterpark. No pictures because, well, water. Plus, I was actually riding stuff. I went on a couple of mildly "zingy" water rides, so when Kylie requested I join her on the ferris wheel. I was feeling my oats, I saw the wee little ride in the kiddie park, no problem! I'm the coolest aunt ever! As I said on Facebook: We got stuck at the top for an hour (maybe a minute) and I hyperventilated (closed my eyes really tight and almost got a bit misty eyed). Kylie was a trooper and kind and finally understood why I don't go on rollercoasters with them.

Here is my final oblivious smile.


Followed by two hours of traffic (even with back roads), and Kylie really gets a gold star for maturity. She did great! 





No comments: