6.28.2017

Life on the sidelines

I had the astute pleasure of watching Jo cross the finish line of the half. Go Jo go! I also got to see Jonathan run the 5k, but since I've been watching him run races from the time I can remember through college, it's was a little less of a thrill. 

Canal park, where the finish line of the half and full marathon is, is always a zoo. We (Grandma Lyla, Grandpa Peter and I to the finish line, Jonathan and the girls watched at a halfway point and then met us down there) headed down nice and early. 

I have never seen so many people in my life look like "I want to die, I want to die." Then crossing a magic line looking like, "This is the best day of my entire life!" 

Note how miserable they look. 
Here's Jo's series of events: 
1. Running! 


2. Finishing!

I love that the ladies know I'm taking a picture and do their best smiles. So fun!
3. Staying warm with a blanket. 


4. General post race merriment.




(note to my mother, you still haven't shared your pictures with us!) 
 
When everything was done at Canal Park, my mom, Peter, and I offered to take the girls so JonJo could go home, relax for a minute and we would join them for lunch. 

The very second the girls saw Jo: 

And when they saw Jon: 



Happy running, you crazy folks! 




No comments: