6.28.2017

Half Marathon

I don't have many pictures of my recent half marathon, but others have plenty. I had cheerleaders come all the way from Iowa (Grandma Lyla and Grandpa Peter) as well as Ginger. She didn't have to go far, but she did have to function in a large crowd LONG before her ok time for such silliness.

Training partner and friend, Amy. It's amazing how friendships deepen during running. She finished ahead of me, but we did a lot of our training together. 


Selfie in the "Blister and wound care" tent. Yes, that is separate from the First Aid tent!

They took wonderful care of me so I didn't have to, at least for a day. Clearly the WORST volunteer position!

My coach and major cheerleader  for this round of training. 

Where else do you finish a race and see this???

K and I lounging post-race. I didn't have to lift a finger due to wonderful in laws!

Me that day:

I have 8 half marathons on the books and one full. There are 9 hooks (one of these is just a 6 miler). Hmmmmmm. 

Funny story, K told me I should put all of these metals in a box so she can have them when I die. Not sure if she's onto something or if she's just a great planner 😂

My body really took a beating with this race and I'm not entirely sure why. The only thing I know is that I'm almost 5 years older than I was at my last major race. But the craving to run returned within just a few days of the race. While I know I'll need to start looking at alternative ways to stay in shape, I know I'll continue running in some capacity. Time will tell what's next on the docket!

No comments: