3.01.2016

Day...something?: Poop Party

Sophie went down great for her nap. She was quiet for so long. Slept. Then a few little sounds, but nothing really. Time for her to get up. I get to the bottom of the stairs, and the smell hits me. Oh great. You know something awesome is waiting when it can waft so far. I get into her room, expecting to find a blown out diaper. Nope. The kid decided to fingerpaint on the wall with her poo. Oh yes. Apparently our budding artist just couldn't wait for markers to create her masterpiece.

Stripped her bed, including her very necessary 65 blankies, threw everything in the wash and her in the tub. Oh, the look on her face. Got everything clean. The thing is, I didn't know how to punish her. I scolded her, she was clearly knowing she did something bad, but...I was at a loss. So I just sort of neglected her for a bit while I tried (unsuccessfully) to think of something.

Break for cute pictures of the little Poop Monster (and an unfortunate number of me as well)


The second half of this post I did this morning:

Things I am thankful for: Sophie did not wake up at 5:00 am, as Jo mentioned in an earlier post. She slept in until...6:00.

The lovely, non judgmental woman who picked Kylie up for school today. She was a skosh early, and was totally cool with Kylie eating in the car, and me in my super ugly pajamas.

Netflix. No explanation needed. Though the eyes of an adult have ruined this movie. I will save the rant for another day.

Image result for thumbelina

Skype! Sophie got to chat with Grandma Lyla today, and everyone talked to JonJo this afternoon. Yay!

My phone! Here's some of Sophie's artwork (Afternoon Ginger is laughing at this one!):


One last picture for the road. Kylie trying to do homework:


No comments: