4.20.2018

Snow Day Fun and Exploring!

As anybody in Minnesota (and really, much of the country!) can attest, winter really dug the heels in this year and hung on. Monday was another snow day after a quick 13" of snow so the girls and I hung out. We had a good day just being at home, but like most days, but the afternoon it was time to get everybody out of the house. Even the kids are pretty over playing in the snow.

First, Kylie and I made banana bread and muffins while Sophie went outside with the neighbor boy.



After hearing from a friend, I decided to head down to Canal Park. Am I ever glad we did; it was an amazing site to see the leftovers of Lake Superior's fury! We could have spent even more time exploring had I dressed appropriately! The girls were hot, of course, while I was....not.




Ice caves created by trees being washed in water and ice!


From what I hear, I don't believe any of the hotels sustained damage, but I would imagine some of the property may need some work. If I wasn't familiar with the area, I would have no idea where the Lakewalk even was. Probably 2' of ice buildup over the entire area. 


Videos were circulating about this storm and one included this seawall being washed over completely by the lake, which is obvious in this picture.

Lucky us, our first bridge lift of the season and it was the Coast Guard coming into Port. 

It was a very fun afternoon of exploring!

No comments: