10.04.2017

Race Safety

The story below highlights, in part, how the funding I work under has helped better prepare MN for all sorts of events, including something similar to last weekend's unthinkable tragedy. However, the decrease in funding (as well as limitations on that funding) has and will continue to directly affect how prepared our state is!

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/10/04/minnesota-emergency-preparedness-las-vegas-shooting

On another note, the article also mentioned the Twin Cities Marathon from this past weekend. While I didn't run the full 26.2 this time, my 10 mile journey certainly gave me time to reflect on the safety of such events. While it doesn't keep me from getting out and enjoying, I do have a different perspective when I'm in large crowded areas. Jon also noticed the new (since last time I ran there) 6 foot fencing that lined the finish area; no more clear view of runners coming in to finish! But I digress. Here are a few pictures from race day with my friend and running partner, Amy.





No comments: