8.24.2014

Kylie's Activities

Kylie has been a busy girl! She started accelerated swim lessons which means everyday for two weeks. I think she's learning a lot, but wow does it make for logistical challenges with work as they are at 930am. But I think she will learn far more than the traditional once a week, which we will obviously do during the school year. 


How low can you go?? She has to climb down the pole as far as she can. She almost made it to the bottom on Friday!

Practicing "diving". She loves jumping off that board. 

She also started soccer. We are trying to help her learn the game a bit as she is completely lost in the game- she has no reason to understand it all yet. She's great at running so we just need to hone in her skills a bit. 

Finally, her and I went school shopping on Saturday for supplies and clothes. I motivated her (ok, bribed) with lunch of her choice (Wendy's) to keep her going as she really dislikes shopping. Mission accomplished without either of us spazzing out. 

But then last night I couldn't figure out why she was dragging old clothes out of her closet and into her play area. I was getting really irritated as I just want clutter and mess taken care of. But then I saw it. She set up a store. Hanging clothes, complete with prices and everything. She took a deck of cards and taped one on each dress to price it. 



Parenting fail. I just need to let her use her imagination. If only she always used it for good...






No comments: